- August 16 Thursday - String Quintet
- August 17 Friday - Chamber orchestra
- August 18 Saturday - Chamber orchestra
- August 19 Sunday - Symphony orchestra
- August 20 Monday - Symphony orchestra
- August 21 Tuesday - Public Concert
- The singers are invited to participate
Master class information:
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to each participant, whether active or passive, after the final public concert.
Places are limited - please inquire today.
This workshop is open to conductors at all levels of proficiency, from beginners to professionals.
There is no age limit.
- The official language is English and German.
- Participants will work with the orchestra for 4 days. Each participant will conduct the orchestra every day for at least 30 minutes (total 2 hours on podium, plus the dress rehearsal and the concert).
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
- All sessions can be videotaped.
- Final public concert will be videotaped. The performance DVD will be sent to each participant free of charge (i. e. included in the price of the master class).
- All active participants will conduct at the final public concert.
- EACH PARTICIPANT IS GUARANTEED AT LEAST 120 MINUTES AT THE FRONT OF THE ORCHESTRA (30 MINUTES EACH DAY), PLUS DRESS REHEARSAL AND THE CONCERT - THAT IS 150 MINUTES OR MORE. Additional time is possible.
- The workshop fee covers all master class sessions.
About the Faculty:
Johannes Wildner studied conducting, violin and musicology and has established himself as one of the foremost Austrian conductors.
His years of experience as a member of the Vienna Philharmonic and the Vienna State Opera Orchestra have given his conducting a distinctive stamp.
After positions as Chief Conductor of Prague State Opera and First Permanent Conductor of Leipzig Opera, Johannes Wildner was the General Music Director of the New Philharmonic Orchestra of Westphalia (Germany) for ten years from 1997. He served as Principal Guest Conductor of the BBC Concert Orchestra in London from 2010-2014. From 2014 he has also been the Director of the Austrian Opera Festival OPER BURG GARS and was appointed Professor of Conducting at the Vienna University of Music.
He has regularly appeared as a guest conductor in major opera houses such as the Tokyo New National Theatre, the Teatro Carlo Felice Genova, the Arena di Verona,
Leipzig, Graz, Salzburg, Prague and Zagreb State Opera, and with orchestras such as the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra, the London Philharmonic and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra London, the Orchestra Sinfonica Siciliana in Palermo, the St. Petersburg Philharmonic, the Tokyo Philharmonic, the MDR Symphony, the Dresden Philharmonic, the Vienna Symphony, the Vienna Radio Symphony Orchestra, the Bergen Philharmonic, the China Philharmonic, the Hong Kong Philharmonic and the Shanghai Symphony Orchestra.
Johannes Wildner has recorded over 100 CDs, DVDs and videos, including the integral versions of Johann Strauss’ Die Fledermaus and Mozart’s Cosí fan tutte, recordings of Carmen and Nozze di Figaro, Bruckner’s Third and Ninth Symphonies, and three CDs of previously unknown repertoire by Zeisl, Marx and David, Robert Schumann's complete works for piano and orchestra, with pianist Lev Vinocour and the RSO Vienna, Beethoven violin concerto (soloist: Alexandre Da Costa) and Beethoven’s 7th Symphony with Taipei Symphony Orchestra, as well as works by forgotten composers like D'Erlanger and Braunfels with the BBC Concert Orchestra.
About the Orchestra:
United Europe Orchester